Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Forward Thinking

This morning I got one of those emails where you to answer a bunch of questions about yourself and your favorite things. I always kinda like them. Not so much answering, but the reading of other people's responses. In particular, I learned CJ likes Sharp White Cheddar. Had this email never circulated, it could have been years before I learned this tantalizing bit of trivia. In my response I had to list four things to look forward to in 2008. There are so many things to look forward to...these are my top picks:

  1. Casey without nose cancer. Don't be alarmed. If you're going to have skin cancer, he has the one you want to get. Basal cell carcinoma. He hopes to be rid of it with a few swift strokes of the doctor's scalpel. We'll see if he still has a nose left.

  2. The arrival of the newest member of the Koteen family, a rowdy Rhodesian Ridgeback (yet to be named–accepting suggestions). Look for her in August sometime, mother dog and mother nature permitting.

  3. We'll finally have a lawyer in the family. JM has reached the finish line. Let's keep our fingers xx for his bar exam. I think he'll make a fine lawyer. Before you all get started with the lawyer jokes, I must warn you that he's not intending to be just some old run of the mill lawyer to add to the garbage heap. JM is planning to be a defender of the people. Well, the people in prison or should we say "incarcerated." He'll probably help you out too even if you're not confined to a state or federal housing facility.

  4. Now this one may sound silly, but I plan conquer the soufflé this year. Yes, gather round for some fluffy, warm toasty brown perfection. This weekend I will venture out with the intent to buy a soufflé dish and from there I am committed to the task. According to my friend Molly Wizenberg (I use the term "friend" loooosely) it's a piece every home cook should be proficient at and apparently it's not that tricky. Unfortunately, the same has been said of orchids and I have had to bid farewell to far too many of those persnickety bastards. Do stay tuned...

10 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Once you perfect the souffle, I would like to suggest moving on to Molten Chocolate cake... just a gentle suggestion.

casey said...

No names, just initials?! I was named! It's okay, i'm all over the internet anyways. Also, just to update anyone concerned, the nose cancer is gone as of monday. I can't see my nose under the bandages yet, but i told the doctor to make it bigger, so we'll see if he came through.

sharon said...

since i actually learned something (casey and his non-cancered nose) and actually laughed out loud (not so much john)...i think i'll add this blog to my favorites. ; )

Anonymous said...

Casey -- Oops, sorry...no names. OK, "nosey", just don't tell any lies between now and then. The nose could be a problem.

Oh, yeah. This thing is supposed to be about kk. Oh well...

Matt said...

Suggested listening for ck.

casey said...

Thanks matt. I was actually thinking more along these lines.

Anonymous said...

I was sort of thinking more like this.

P

old bag said...

name for da dog
male: Jake
female: Sadie

apple slice said...

My mother's dachsund is Sadie. It fits her and we call her Sadie Ann. My brother calls her Sadie May. For the taller dog, may I suggest Mike or Lambie.

Might I also tout the souffle. You will find it easy peasy. My brother would whip the eggs whites while I made the sauce. It was a match made in heaven. We ate cheese souffle in formative years. I look forward to hearing of your success.

Casey, I am pleased your nose is cancer free. May it stay that way. You will sniff the souffle with pleasure.

I am hankering for a bowl of frito pie. I went to Santa Fe expressly to sit at the Woolworth counter which I found had shut down. We can't have everything.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear C. is doing well & will still be able to do swimsuit issues. Suggestions for puppy names: Matilda, Tess, Emma, & Ellie Mae. Please don't name her Dotty or Hank. We don't need more duplicate cousin names. Ma